KOPWA offers Home Care for seniors based on Sydney’s North Shore. Our latest article explains the benefits of this service.
Activities such as bathing, dressing and preparing meals become more difficult as you age and sometimes help is needed to achieve them successfully.
While some seniors choose to move to assisted living facilities, others prefer to remain in their homes and receive Home Care services. This is often made possible with the help of government funding, in the form of what’s called a Home Care Package.
Here is a list of the top 12 reasons why Home Care provided by KOPWA can be so beneficial for seniors on Sydney’s North Shore:
- Independence: Home Care gives senior Australians the best of both worlds; access to the highest quality care while maintaining the independence of staying in the family home.
- Personalised care: Home Care services are tailored to each individual’s needs, preferences and goals, providing personalised care that meets unique requirements. Home Care for seniors covers so much more than health and safety too. Our Sydney carers can also provide help with paying bills, preparing meals, house cleaning and all the other small jobs that need doing around the house and garden.
- Companionship: Many senior Australians find themselves increasingly isolated as they reach their later years. Home Care provides companionship and socialisation without the senior having to leave their family home.
- Flexibility: Home Care services are flexible, meaning they can be adapted to meet changing needs as seniors age and their needs evolve.
- Safety: KOPWA Home Care workers can help seniors identify and address safety hazards in the home, reducing the risk of falls, accidents, and injuries.
- Cost-effective: Home Care for seniors is generally more cost-effective than moving to an assisted living facility, especially if the senior requires only a few hours of care each day. Make sure to take a look at the pricing system provided by My Aged Care.
- Familiarity: Changing environments can be difficult and confronting for many seniors, especially those with cognitive impairments. Home Care allows seniors to stay in a familiar and comfortable environment.
- Greater control: Home Care enables seniors to have greater control over their daily lives and routines, including what they eat, when they go to bed, and when they receive care.
- Customisable services: If you choose KOPWA Home Care services on Sydney’s north shore, you will know that the services can be customised to meet specific needs, such as medication management, meal preparation, transportation to medical appointments, and more.
- Improved health outcomes: Home Care can help seniors manage chronic conditions and recover from illness or injury more quickly, leading to improved health outcomes and quality of life.
- Reduced hospital visits: By choosing Home Care, seniors can reduce the risk of hospitalisation as the service will provide proactive support and address health concerns before they become serious.
- Peace of mind and respite: As a family member of a senior who lives at home, you can rest easy knowing that they are being well cared for. Home Care can also be made available to seniors if their adult child or another carer needs a break or is going away on holiday.
Having the right Home Care package provides the ideal balance of having support at home and being able to live independently. With personalised care, companionship, flexibility, and customisable services, seniors can receive the support they need to maintain their health, well-being, and quality of life.
Want to know more about Home Care on Sydney’s North Shore? Contact us today.